ADVERTISEMENT FOR POSITION OF CLERK-OF-WORKS
EDUCATION QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT – EQuIP/ LOAN AGREEMENT NO. 36 / SFR-OR-STL
The Government of Saint Lucia (GOSL) has secured financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards implementing the Education Quality Improvement Project (EQuIP).
The main objectives of the project are to enhance the quality of education through the upgrading of the learning environment at selected schools and to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of education through institutional strengthening and capacity building. To this end the EQuIP will undertake building construction/rehabilitation works of the following schools:
i. La Guerre Combined School
ii. Gordon and Walcott Methodist Primary School
iii. Vide Bouteille Primary
iv. Sir Arthur Lewis Community College
The GOSL hereby makes a call for applications for the positions of Clerks of Works.
A Clerk of Works shall be employed for a period of approximately one (1) Year, and one shall be attached to each construction site under the direct supervision of the Project Officer (Infrastructure). He/she shall be required to provide work activity reports on a regular basis, and expected to work along with Project Consultants responsible for Contract Administration of the project.
· Monitor and evaluate the progress of the works in accordance with all project drawings, specifications and schedules;
· Liaise with all Project Consultants to ensure the timely issuance of information and instruction to the Contractor to facilitate the Works and certification of payments;
· Keep a diary of site activities and photographic records of achievements and major tasks, issuance of site instructions, deliveries, visits, delays, weather, and accidents;
· Submit regular written site reports to the Project Officer on the work in progress;
· Assist with the arrangement of site meetings;
· Represent the Client on any structural tests to be undertaken.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
· Diploma in Building Construction Management and Supervision or equivalent.
· At least Seven (7) years’ experience as a Clerk of Works or equivalent position in Building Construction and Supervision in Saint Lucia.
Salary will be at Grade Twelve (12) Step One in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Government Service.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume with two references, contact telephone number, email address(es) as well as certified copies of their qualifications to:
Education Quality Improvement Project – EquIP
Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations 2nd Floor Hasache Complex
Subject: Position of Clerk of Works for the Education Quality Improvement Project
Deadline for all applications is Wednesday June 24, 2020.
NB: Shortlisted applicants shall be contacted, via telephone and/or email, for an interview.